Shard Financial Media is the leading specialist publishing and events provider to the UK Consumer Credit, Asset Finance, Business Recovery and Payroll and Reward sectors. Since launching 18 years ago Shard has established an enviable reputation for producing market-leading conferences and awards that bring together senior professionals from Europe and across the globe. Some of our flagship events include The Credit Summit, Credit Awards, TRI Awards and the Payroll & Reward conference.
Our clients include senior credit professionals from Britain’s biggest banks and fast growing challenger banks as well the energy, water and telecoms sectors and high level payroll and reward professionals within some of the FTSE 250 companies.
Shard is in an exciting stage of development and growth. It is our mission to create a unique culture of empowerment and build on our existing team of highly talented individuals.
About the role
We’re looking for bright, energetic individuals who are target driven and have an ambition to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The role of the DS Executive is to make a high volume of outbound calls working on new business development as well as sales with our existing and longstanding clients. The role involves selling on a range of events across our portfolio throughout the year.
- Selling over the phone to existing and potential new clients to meet realistic sales revenue targets.
- Creating, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients through a consultative sales approach and by clearly demonstrating the value of attending our conferences.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- In conjunction with the Management Team developing strategies and initiatives to ensure the on-going growth and development of the conferences.
- Monitoring and evaluation of all competitor activity.
- Working closely with the marketing team to:
- Follow up enquiries
- Up-sell to existing delegates
- Feedback contacts into database
- Up-sell additional delegate places to sponsors and exhibitors
- Develop group sales with our VIP clients
- Ensuring that all relevant information is available and accurate for pipeline and project meetings.
- At all times representing Shard Financial Media in a professional manner
- Attending industry functions when required
Key competencies & skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner
- The drive and determination to succeed within a highly competitive environment
- An entrepreneurial approach and positive attitude
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to liaise at all levels
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Open to change and new ideas
- Confident and assertive
- Results driven
- Ambitious and constantly striving for excellence and success
- Team focused
- Experience of successfully adhering to personal KPIs and sales targets
- Experience in identifying new sales leads
- Experience of using and interrogating databases
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Windows-based computer applications
- Proficient in using social media
- Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Be a good egg and know how to have fun
What you can expect from us:
SFM is a fast-growing events and media business based in Borough Market. Successful candidates will receive excellent training, on-target earnings, career progression and enjoy attending the events and awards ceremonies. No previous experience required.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary DOE;
- 23 days annual leave;
- An extra day off for your birthday;
- Group personal pension plan;
- A company health plan offering free medical and dental treatment, plus hundreds of pounds off various other treatments including physiotherapy.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re a great candidate for the role to Sales Director, Vicki Clubley