Shard Financial Media is the leading specialist publishing and events provider to the UK Consumer Credit, Asset Finance, Business Recovery and Payroll and Reward sectors. Since launching 18 years ago Shard has established an enviable reputation for producing market-leading conferences and awards that bring together senior professionals from Europe and across the globe. Some of our flagship events include The Credit Summit, Credit Awards, TRI Awards and the Payroll & Reward conference.
Our clients include senior credit professionals from Britain’s biggest banks and fast growing challenger banks as well the energy, water and telecoms sectors and high level payroll and reward professionals within some of the FTSE 250 companies.
Shard is in an exciting stage of development and growth. It is our mission to create a unique culture of empowerment and build on our existing team of highly talented individuals.
About the role
Providing pro-active support with organising a portfolio of conference, exhibition and award events under the direction of the Events Executive and the Head of Events, ensuring the highest standard of customer satisfaction is achieved within the agreed commercial budgets.
Promoting entries to our awards scheme by actively engaging with our marketplaces both on-line and over the telephone to ensure entry target levels are met.
Acting as the first point of contact for entrants, delegates and other customers to ensure agreed customer service levels are maintained.
Supporting the team with the implementation of event delivery plans and supporting in all operational areas.
- Supporting and helping to organise selected events, managing some of your own tasks and assisting in running the events to the agreed budgets
- Sourcing and booking staff travel, accommodation and expenses ensuring adherence to budget/policies
- Supporting the management of the on-Line entry/registration/booking system
- To source, chase, report selected award entries and report on the entries via telephone, email and using social media
- Assist with the planning, preparation and delivery of awards shortlisting and judging days as well as smaller roundtable meetings
- Ensuring all shortlist, finalist and winner administration is updated and reported regularly
- Creating and developing an issue of joining packs, exhibitor/speaker packs, event guides, event signage and other event materials
- Update table plans, delegate data ensuring we have registered all Judges, sponsors, FOC, VIPs and speakers
- Follow up and chase judge’s profiles, photos and NDA’s and ensure websites are up to date
- Send out and chase sponsorship marketing forms, sponsor logos and profiles and ensure websites are up to date
- Management of the dispatch and return process for event collateral/equipment to venues
- Administration of on-site event procedures and policies
- Ensuring all events related customer, speaker and sponsor enquiries are dealt with effectively and in line with the appropriate policies/procedures
- Collect in all presentations and hand-over to the production company. Assisting in the preparation and proofing of Keynote and other presentations
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure that agreed event sponsorship packages are delivered, liaising with sponsors both over the phone and in writing to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Researching suppliers of sponsored items such as branded bags and lanyards etc. ensuring the best price is presented to the Events Executive
- Attendance at events to assisting in the delivery from set up to close down
- Continually reviewing event processes and procedures suggesting improvements
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of UK event market including competitor events, venues, speakers and talent to assist the development of our events
- Develop commercial relationships with a broad base of venues and suppliers negotiating the best possible service, on the best terms and at the lowest possible cost
Key competencies & skills:
- Graduate level or has had some event experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including outbound telephone work)
- Confident and professional approach
- Flexible attitude to working hours and travel
- Genuine interest of event technology
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills with great attention to detail
IT and Systems literate
What you can expect from us:
SFM is a fast-growing events and media business based in Borough Market. Successful candidates will receive excellent training, on-target earnings, career progression and enjoy attending the events and awards ceremonies. No previous experience required.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary DOE;
- 23 days annual leave;
- An extra day off for your birthday;
- Group personal pension plan;
- A company health plan offering free medical and dental treatment, plus hundreds of pounds off various other treatments including physiotherapy.
How to apply
Candidates wishing to be considered should submit a CV along with a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role to Antonella de Cuia, Senior Events Executive, email@example.com